This year I plan to read about a book a month. Overall I fell short by 2 books. Not to worry! I consider this like running, I’m building up endurance. Good Calories, Bad Calories, by Gary Taubes was 640 pages. That was a marathon for me.
Completed – 2011
Favorite titles are represented by a star. ★
- The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The 100 Thing Challenge, by Dave Bruno | Review ★
- The Art of Non-Conformity, by Chris Guillebeau | Dare to be different. ★
- The Paleo Diet, by Loren Cordain
- The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz | Wisdom for life. Reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs. ★
- The Power of Less, by Louis Babauta | Review ★
- The 4-Hour Body, by Timothy Ferris | Experiments in weight loss and body composition.
- Good Calories, Bad Calories, by Gary Taubes | Hefty read but worth it. Detailed myth debunking regarding scientific research on nutrition and dieting. Written for professionals and medical staff on metabolic processes, dieting, and weight loss. For a lighter read, see below. ★
- Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It, by Gary Taubes | Fantastic book on debunking diet myths, weight loss, and how your body processes food. ★
- I Will Teach You to be Rich, by Ramit Sethi | Review ★