Alright, lets take a look at the apps that I used the most in 2016. I’ll also make note of the apps that have been replaced by another app in the same category.
Apps that I use the most
- Fantastical – Calendar app of choice on iPhone for 2 years now. Use it a ton on my Mac.
- Snapchat – Used nearly every day.
- Simple – still love my bank.
- Camera – use the built in iOS app a ton now, sorry Camera+.
- Wallet – formerly Passbook, built in iOS app. Use it for flights, movie tickets, Coca-Cola rewards, and more.
- Audible – favorite way to read.
- Instagram – posting more again.
- Inbox – use this daily. Tried using the new Gmail app. Wish it either had the option to delete ( swipe left ) or archive ( swipe right ). Having one or the other is a ‘meh’ option for me.
- Facebook + Messenger
- Swarm – checking in. Helps build my minimal journal.
- Twitter – find myself using the native app more. Mainly due to the variety of notifications it gives.
- Way of Life – routines app.
- Castro – new podcast app. Organizes by feed instead of podcast. So far, great.
- Paprika – organize my favorite recipes.
- Lose It! – health app, used since 2009.
- Apple Music – Updates have made the service better, still not great though.
- Robinhood – no fee stock trading.
- Trello – use it at work, and less at home. This wasn’t always the case. Pro tip: don’t create too many boards 🙂
Apps that I’ve been using less
- Tweetbot – Use this mainly on my Mac. Less so on iOS.
- Simplenote – easy note taking. Use it less, mainly for scratch notes.
- Google Chrome – for iOS.
- Headspace – guided meditation for mindfulness.
- Overcast – Not being able to star or favorite episodes to come back to ended up with me using this less.
Apps that I have my eye on
- Ulysses – writing app for a future project. Both Mac and iOS.
- Alexa – just recently bought an Echo Dot. Enjoying it so far.
- Super Mario Run – finally. Seriously enjoying this.
- Apple News – find myself using this stock iOS news app more as its also now a widget in the lockscreen.
Previous Years: 2015, 2014