Inspired by Brett Terpstra (@ttscoff) and Mark Frauenfelder (@Frauenfelder), I decided to dive in share what handy apps that I keep in the menu above.
From left to right are…
- Bartender – hide the unwanted icons
- Visits – show Google Analytics in your menubar
- Fantastical – best calendar app for iPhone and Mac
- Airmail – favorite email app
- 1Password – best password manager, now warns about Heartbleed
- Climate – connects to Nest
Notification Center and Spotlight are completely hidden for me. I activate Spotlight with [Command]+[Spacebar] and Notification Center with a two-finger swipe.
These items are tucked away out of sight. Love this app.
- Adobe Edge Inspect
- Adobe Updater
- DragonDrop – watch the video
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- User Menu
- Time Machine
That pretty much sums it up for me. I keep just the necessary in view and with Bartender everything else can be tucked away out of site or hidden completely. Fantastic.