Inspired by this post from M.G. Siegler, I’m taking a look at the apps that I used the most in 2015. I’ll also make note of the apps that have been replaced by another app in the same category.
Apps that I use the most
- Fantastical – Updated the app for both iPhone and Mac.
- Simple – great bank.
- Robinhood – no fee stock trading app.
- Apple Music – sadly the convenience killed the Rdio star.
- Lark – conversational health app for food logging and exercise. This has potential.
- Swarm – gamification is back!
- Facebook + Messenger + Groups
- Tweetbot – still my favorite twitter app.
- Trello – organizes my life.
- Slack – best work collaboration tool. Period.
- Evernote – long term note storage and information collection.
- Simplenote – easy note taking. Use it for everything.
- Headspace – guided meditation for mindfulness.
- Wallet – Formerly, Passbook. iOS built in. Use it for travel, payments, movie tickets, and more. Payments happen more on my Apple Watch than phone.
- Overcast – great podcast manager.
- CloudMagic – for work and iCloud email.
- Tripit – so helpful for travel.
- Lumonsity – brain training and neuroplasticity.
- Eat This Much – meal planning for any diet.
- StockTwits – Twitter like community for stock news and tips. Now syncs with Robinhood.
Apps that I’ve been using less
Apps that no longer exist
- Beats Music
- Sunrise ( Microsoft acquired. )
Apps that I have my eye on
Always looking for new apps and trying to refine my workflow.